To provide technical and financial assistance to municipalities and water co-operatives in:
- The development, transmission, distribution, and control of municipal water supplies
- The collection, treatment, and disposal of municipal sewage in a manner consistent with environmental sustainability.
The Manitoba Water Services Board assists municipalities with the development of sustainable water and wastewater works, including:
- water supply, treatment storage and distribution
- collection and treatment of sewage
- the disposal of treated effluent and waste sludge in an environmentally sustainable manner; and
- the provision of drought assistance, safe water supplies to rural residents for domestic and livestock needs
The Manitoba Water Services Board enters into agreements with municipalities and/or water co-operatives to deliver sustainable water and wastewater infrastructure that enhances economic development while improving public health and environmental concerns. The board also operates a number of water supply and treatment facilities on behalf of the municipalities. Cost of operation and maintenance is recovered through (wholesale) water sales. The Manitoba Water Services Board leads the development of sustainable water and wastewater infrastructure and provides project management for major infrastructure projects for other departments. The board conducts feasibility studies and environmental impact assessments for developing inter-municipal or regional infrastructure services.
All enquiries and correspondence related to the board should be directed to:
The Manitoba Water Services Board
Unit 1A – 2010 Currie Blvd.
Phone: (204) 726-6096
Fax: (204) 726-7196